DFS Development Update - Winter Update and Beyond
Hello everyone! Lets talk a little bit about what we've been up to and what we have been working on!
When we asked for feedback a little while ago, something a lot of you had to say is that you'd like better communication from us, so today we're giving you a taste of some of what we're working on for DFS' Winter update.
We have quite a bit to cover, such as stuff we're working on for Winter and beyond, and your feedback on these ideas and suggestions for future updates is very welcome.
Please keep in mind that things may be subject to change and exact details will be light so we don't spoil the surprises - wouldn't want to find out what presents you got before you've even unwrapped them, after all!Winter:
- ThatAverageJoe has been hard at work making more content and we'll have a trio of fantasic new playermodels coming your way! One of which has been taking the internet by storm lately, so look forward to finding out who's joining the servers in the Model Manager!
- A lot of new additions to Noisemaker sounds and minigame words that you'll surely get a kick out of.
- After looking at your feedback, we're making some changes to the settings for maps and map cooldowns on the servers. You'll know what these changes are when they're set in stone and the update releases, but we hope they'll make the map selections less stale and more varied!
- Macwithavengence is looking for suggestions on pet ideas for the Winter update, so if you have a pet idea you'd like to see on the server this Christmas, head over to http://dfs.boards.net/thread/1636/suggest-ideas-christmas-2018-update to learn more!
- What Christmas event would be complete without a special event created by our event expert Cray? We have a special event that's not your run of the mill DFS event, but something in the vein of a true holiday event that keeps on giving!
- Sasch has been working on the DFS website to add new features and pages into it, you will soon be able to receive daily credit bonuses for visiting the website everyday!
- Stadium will be receiving a wintry makeoever that you'll be able to check out during the seasonal event!
- And biggest of all, a new gamemode is coming to DFS! It's an absolute classic among TF2 custom modes and something that you and some of us too, have been asking for for quite some time. Just adding it wouldn't be enough; we'll be including our own custom content and rewards into this mode to make it an even bigger and better addition to the servers!
- Our web developer Sasch has been reworking the website itself, adding all sorts of additions and changes that help make DFS a more unique and fleshed out place. Expect to see additions which will tie our website together with our game servers for future updates.
- A new type of video series; similar to Meet The Random Fortress, showcasing all the silly and wacky events DFS is well known for.
- New Gamemodes! We have big plans for DFS in terms of gamemodes in 2019, and we're going to make sure they're as unique as possible to avoid them getting stale.
- Additions to our new gamemode released in the Winter 2018 update.
- More communication (Little updates that share with you all what we're up to and the goings-on of the servers as a whole).
- Expect even more updates and events to come by as well!
We're hard at work on this next update, making sure to make this Christmas a magical one that you can enjoy on our servers! Not only that, but we're dedicated to having better communication with you all to make sure you all are kept up to date on what we're doing right now and what we're thinking of doing in the future.
To make this update a bit more interactive with you all, we'd like to remind you that you can use our github or the forums to make suggestions and talk about things you want to see on DFS, such as plugins, gamemodes, maps or other additions.
Every user's opinion is considered; we want to deliver updates that you want and your suggestions and feedback really helps us know what you want.
We have several forum threads and a GitHub available for you to share your ideas with us, give feedback, highlight bugs or other issues and to suggest content to be added onto the servers, so if you have an idea, we'd love to hear it!https://github.com/DFS-Servers/BugReportsAndSuggestions/issueshttp://dfs.boards.net/board/1/suggestions-bug-reports
If you aren't aware already, we have a DFS Discord server where you can chat with the DFS members and staff, and we welcome suggestions here too! Here's a link to it if you're interested: https://dfs.tf/discord
We have also recently announced a round of map removal polls and a downloadable map pack to save you having to download the maps when you're on the servers, do have a look if you haven't already: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Dispenz0rsFunServer#announcements/detail/1696065368039632943
That about wraps up what we can share with you for now! We hope you're looking forward to our upcoming Winter update, and hopefully this'll get you all as excited as we are!
- Dispenz0r and the DFS Team.